Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Kison Patel
Kison Patel is the Founder and CEO of M&A Science, with a passion to drive the M&A industry forward.
He was an M&A advisor for ten years in which he sold larger companies such as commercial banks and hotel chains. In 2012, he noticed teams lacked efficient technology to manage deals and created DealRoom, an M&A lifecycle management platform.
In 2016, he started the M&A Science podcast devoting his time to creating a platform where all the best practitioners could share their best practices and lessons learned from real-life deals. Kison then created The M&A Science Academy in 2020 to offer step by step training to those looking to master M&A featuring courses created by top level practitioners. Through developing technology, educational content, and industry training, Kison aims to bring better practices to an industry with growing market pressures, transaction values, and competition.
Customers Also Bought Items By
It’s time to bring M&A into the 21st century.
The Agile M&A Practitioner’s Guide lays forth a new vision for completing M&A initiatives in the information age: the Agile M&A Process Model. Created by industry veteran Kison Patel, the Agile M&A Process Model advocates applying the “Agile” project management style first popularized in silicon valley to the M&A industry.
The Agile approach to project management was originally developed to address workflow inefficiencies in the software development industry. This approach is based around universally applicable operational values such as speed, flexibility, cross-functional transparency, and teamwork — values that are perfectly suited to highly dynamic, informationally complex undertakings like M&A.
As a project management style, Agile has proven to be uniquely suited to the modern globalized business landscape, which is defined by its unpredictability, instantaneous communication, and focus on rapid growth and innovation. The success of the Agile approach has led to its adoption throughout a variety of industries.
In this book you will learn:
- The complete history of Agile and its advantages over traditional, programmatic approaches to project management.
- How large tech firms like Google and Atlassian are already applying Agile techniques to their internal M&A functions.
- How to apply Agile strategies over the course of the entire M&A lifecycle — from the earliest stages of analyzing potential targets through the end of post-merger integration.
- How to adapt established Agile techniques like the daily standup, priority backlog, and team retrospectives to help support the M&A project.
- How to use change management techniques to help your company transition to an Agile project management style.
In this book you will learn:
- How to increase your chances of closing the deal
- How to realize the value faster
- How to close deals faster
- How to integrate without losing value
- How to improve your entire workflow