Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Angela Rizza
Angela Rizza graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC in 2011 and since, has been creating artwork in Mahopac, NY. Her work is inspired greatly by the wildlife around her home, and her favorite stories she read growing up. When working on children's books, she creates images that appeals to her inner child, drawings with lots of details, color, and quality that captures the attention of the viewer. The intricate work is hand drawn in ink and color is applied digitally, and she is greatly influenced by classical storybook illustrators and her favorite plants and animals.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Angela Rizza
Unearth the stories behind the natural world
This collection of amazing animals, plants, rocks and minerals, and microorganisms will wow children and adults alike. With 100 remarkable items from the natural world, from orchids to opals and lichens to lizards, everyone will find something to be captivated by. Each plant, animal, and rock is shown both photographically and illustrated, and children will love poring over the detailed close-up images.
Discover how the dragon blood tree got its name, why a sundew means big trouble for insects, and what on Earth a radiolarian is. The storybook descriptions let you discover the myths and legends surrounding both organisms and gemstones, as well as key facts about their natural history. From orchids to opals and lichens to lizards, this beautiful treasury lets you find the things that interest you and uncover new favorites along the way. Explore some of the myths and stories surrounding both organisms and gemstones, as well as key facts about their natural history. With reference pages packed with information you'll go away knowing something you didn't before, even if you return time and again.
A beautiful gift for children who can't get enough of nature, The Wonders of Nature: A Treasury is perfect for kids to explore by themselves or for bedtime stories.
From lions and butterflies to sharks and spiders, there's an animal for everyone in this animal encyclopedia with a twist!
With stunning photography and gorgeous illustrations, this animal encyclopedia explores the wildlife of the world, from the most massive whales to the smallest insects. Which one is your new favorite?
This animal book for children will delight and inspire kids who love animals. They will discover incredible facts and fascinating stories about their favorite animals and some they have never heard of! Find out why the slow-motion sloth is so sluggish and how the plodding pangolin protects itself from predators, and more!
Throughout the book, each specially chosen animal is revealed in stunning photos and gorgeous illustrations. Kids will be intrigued by all the small, exciting details. The animal factbook also explores some of the stories and mysterious myths surrounding their favorite beasts.
Curious kids can pour over the index, which is packed with reference information, including the size and location of each species, and a tree of life shows how the animal groups are connected. Find the animals that interest you and uncover new favorite along the way.
Discover Incredible Facts and Fascinating Stories
This animal encyclopedia contains over 100 creatures. Beautiful illustrations with storybook elements will bring the animal kingdom to life. This educational book is perfect for kids to read by themselves or together with their parents as a bedtime story.
With gold foil elements on the cover, gilded edges, and a ribbon to keep your place. This beautiful modern book is the perfect gift for children who love wildlife and nature.
Inside the pages of this anthology, you'll find:
- Storybook descriptions of intriguing animals such as a viscacha, quokka, and a slow loris.
- Discover amazing facts like why the sloth is so slow.
- Stories and myths surrounding your favorite animals.
Draw the people and faces around you―a guide to portrait drawing for kids 9 to 12
Anyone can take a picture―but drawing a person with recognizable likeness takes practice. Portrait drawing offers a completely unique interpretation of your subject, and Portrait Drawing for Kids gives budding artists the skill set they need to draw pictures of themselves, their family, and friends.
Broken down into simple, step-by-step instructions, this book will teach you every aspect of portraiture, from features of the face, to capturing emotions, to techniques like shading and highlighting. This drawing for kids book will help you take your artistic talents to the next level―beginning with a sharpened pencil.
Portrait Drawing for Kids includes:
- Selfie know-how―Not only will you learn to create pictures of other people, but you’ll also learn the art of self-portraits.
- Inspirational activities―Each lesson offers separate drawing for kids exercises to inspire you to establish your abilities on your own.
- A painter’s toolbox―Get introductions to your full range of art instruments―from sketch pads to colored pencils―as well as terms of the trade like contour, midtones, exposure, and more.
Interested in a drawing for kids book but not sure where to start? Portrait Drawing for Kids is ideal for budding artists!
An easy guide to drawing people for budding artists ages 9 to 12
Grab a pencil and an eraser―it’s time to explore the world around you and illustrate the people in it! Featuring a step-by-step format for beginners, Figure Drawing for Kids is a great way to start sketching friends and family, pop culture icons, and epic superheroes―one simple exercise at a time.
- Project-based activities―Learn how to draw people with 13 different projects that will advance your skills from basic shapes and shading to full, detailed illustrations.
- Guided practice―Explore essential drawing concepts like proportion, negative space, point of view, composition, and crosshatch, and practice with a range of human sizes, shapes, skin tones, and abilities.
- Bonus drawing tips―Learn to draw from life or a photograph, how to set up a model station, and how to complete your drawings with additional objects and landscape elements.
Dive in and let the doodling fun begin with this beginner’s guide to drawing for kids.
Let's travel back in time! Discover the incredible world of prehistoric plants and animals.
Marvel at fossils and natural history and discover more than 90 animals and plants from prehistory. Packed with dinosaurs and animals from the ice age, you'll learn about the tyrannosaurus, saber-tooth tiger, wooly mammoth and even early humans!
This beautifully illustrated dinosaur book is ideal for kids ages 7 years old and older. Discover:
- More than 90 species from the past, each with a stunning photograph of a fossil, a gorgeous illustration of the organism, and a captivating story
- A quality gift to be passed down through the generations: metallic foil all over, satin ribbon, metallic edges, and head and tail bands
- Large, detailed photographs and illustrations
- A descriptive, narrative approach to each entry, rather than annotations and fact boxesCore reference information included in the chapter openers, topic spreads and index
The perfect storybook for children to explore prehistory! Fascinating descriptions in this dinosaur book cover myths and legends about these animals, and surprising facts about the natural history of prehistoric life. Find out why Pachycephalosaurus had such a thick head, how a coral fossil can be used to work out how long a prehistoric year was, and which fossil was thought to protect people from poison!
This beautifully illustrated prehistoric book unfolds the history of earth and answers questions kids commonly ask like, "What happened to dinosaurs?" Organized into the Palaeozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic eras, and packed with fascinating details, children will return to these colorful pages time and time again.
Dinosaurs and other Prehistoric Life is a wonderful dinosaur gift book for children who are intrigued by the natural world.
Journey from Earth to the outer reaches of the universe with this stunning book about space! You'll encounter bizarre planets, distant stars, and intricate galaxies.
From planets and asteroids to black holes and galaxies, every page of this captivating book reveals the secrets behind more than 100 celestial objects. Get ready to explore fun facts and exciting new scientific discoveries!
For centuries, the mysteries of space have captured our imaginations. This picture book will illuminate imaginations and spark curious minds to explore the vastness of space.
Take your little astronaut on a journey from our planet out into the furthest reaches of the universe! Filled with gorgeous illustrations and incredible photography, young readers will be intrigued by the detailed close-up images of each celestial body.
The engaging storybook-style descriptions and simple text shed a light on facts, myths, and key discoveries about the universe. Explore the wonders of our solar system and beyond. This educational book also includes reference pages packed with fascinating information.
Journey Through the Vastness of Space
Join us on an adventure across the universe, as we rocket to the stars! Discover 100 objects from the universe, arranged from the closest to our planet to the ones the furthest away. Storybook-style text and out-of-this-world pictures make this book perfect for an astronomical bedtime. It's also a fantastic gift for children who can't get enough of space.
Grab your spacesuit and put your helmet on! Inside the pages of this adventure book, you'll find:
- Beautiful illustrations and incredible photography that showcase the mysteries of space.
- Discover 100 remarkable objects in the cosmos.
- Engaging storybook-style descriptions that explain key discoveries about the universe.
More to Explore
Once you've discovered The Mysteries of the Universe, dive into the companion titles from this series from DK Books! The Wonders of Nature explores more than 100 items from the natural world and An Anthology of Intriguing Animals showcases animals around the world.
Elevate your drawing skills with this easy guide for teens
Are you a budding artist who wants to take your artwork to the next level? This book is everything drawing books for teens should be, providing the tools and techniques to tackle 20 detailed drawings—from start to finish—in just 8 simple steps.
Practice basic and next-level drawing skills such as shading, proportion, and adding fine details. Sketch your way through easy, step-by-step lessons with drawing projects ranging from modern still life to detailed portraits and finally photorealistic drawings. Find artist tips and prompts to help spark your imagination, discover your own personal style, and capture the world around you.
- Fundamentals of drawing—Build your art skills with tutorials on shading, proportion, finishing techniques, coloring, and more.
- Awesome art projects—From a Colorful Dragon to a Crawling 3D Spider, wow your friends with 20 fun and elaborate projects you won’t find in other drawing books for teens.
- Space to create—Find inspiration for your own drawings with engaging prompts and plenty of blank pages just waiting to be filled with your creativity.
If you’re looking for drawing books for teens but aren’t sure where to start, this easy guide will help any budding artist bring their drawings to life.