Top positive review
5.0 out of 5 starsMust read for anyone interested in becoming a PM
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on July 10, 2014
Cracking the PM Interview: How to Land a Project Manager Job in Technology is a comprehensive guide to getting a job as a Product Manager in the world of IT and succeeding at it.
The authors, Gayle Laakmann McDowell and Jackie Bavaro, skillfully walk you through preparing yourself for a PM career, landing the job and excelling at it.
Here are some of the topics the book goes through:
- What is product management?
- Does project management vary at different companies? (The book looks at the usual big names in tech, as well as some up and coming startups)
- What does a good product manager resume look like?
- How do you transition from a different background to a project manager role?
- How do you prepare for a project manager interview? (This is where the meat of the book is. The authors go into detail about different types of questions and overall strategies)
- How do you succeed once you do get that job as a project manager?
Having worked and interviewed at some of the companies mentioned in the book, I found the advice to be highly relevant, extremely well-crafted and super useful.
This book is a must buy if you are considering interviewing for a PM role.