Top positive review
Very happy with my purchase
Reviewed in Canada on October 18, 2018
This is the best true VR solution that is available to almost everyone. At the price it's unbeatable, but you should have realistic expectations to fully appreciate it. The technology is not there for 100% realistic VR, but it's already delivering a lot of fun and full immersion into fantasy world.
Let's start with cons, there are not many of them:
- graphics is what you'd expect from 15 years old PC game
- you can't wear if for too long, it's getting uncomfortable over the time and battery time is limited to around 2 hours
- picture is somewhat blurry and pixelated (but you'll get used to it soon and won't notice much afterwards)
Now there are many pros:
- setup is very easy and user friendly, packaging is awesome
- framerate is excellent, there is no flickering or choppiness in vast majority of applications
- there are LOTS of applications and games available, and MANY of them are free. Paid apps are reasonably priced.
- the user interface is very well thought out and easy to use
- the hardware feels quality made and is very convenient to use
- sensors in the helmet deliver full immersion thanks to excellent response time. When you turn your head there is no delay, it feels like you're really there.
- embedded speakers are awesome, they are pretty much invisible and take no space at all, but they do what they should very well
- all kinds of content are available (both in the Oculus store and in the Internet). There are all kinds of games, "experiences", videos, educational content.
- it doesn't need much room to play! Just sit where you normally like to sit when you want to get comfortable and play. You don't need to go anywhere, just turn your head and use the controller. You can play in a bus or train (if it's a long trip and if you're surrounded by friends/family). You can play inside or outside, just make sure it's safe.
- there are no wires!
- you don't need a kick-ass computer dedicated for gaming, it's a 100% standalone device. A relatively modern phone or tablet is only needed for initial setup, you can borrow it if you don't have one, you won't really need it afterwards.
- if you're going to watch videos you don't have to copy them to your Oculus device! Just enable media streaming on your laptop or NAS. Oculus Go is very good at playing videos over wireless connection from the sources in your network.
UPDATE: Still not a single problem after a few months of daily use (couple hours every day). VERY happy with this purchase!