Top critical review
3.0 out of 5 starsOkay Microphone, But Not Professional Sound Quality
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on August 20, 2021
The Amazon Basics is an okay microphone, and is definitely better than using a computer's internal microphone or a set of headphones with a built in microphone. I purchased the Amazon Basics microphone intending to set up a second recording location for a podcast, and made some test recordings to compare it to my older Blue Snowball. The sound quality was not as good as the Blue Snowball (sound is thinner with more treble), and I decided to return the Amazon Basics because the quality was not quite sufficient for a relaxation podcast.
- The audio is clear and crisp, and would be perfect for conference calls, recorded interviews, etc.
- Background noise picked up when recording vocals in a quiet office space is minimal, especially if the microphone is held close to one's mouth when speaking. In this respect, the Amazon Basics was equal to the Blue Snowball. It is not necessary to have a professional recording studio to record decently clear audio without fuzz/hissing sounds in the background.
- The microphone is small and lightweight but seems sturdy.
- It comes with a small tripod stand that would work well on a desk.
- Low price.
- The audio quality is not as full and rich as with higher quality microphones. There is more treble, and in this respect, the Amazon Basics was inferior to the Blue Snowball.
- The Amazon Basics is a good, low priced microphone that is suitable for many purposes such as video creation and even some podcasts (if the focus is more on content and less on voice sound).
- For professional quality recording with rich, full sound, this microphone may not be adequate.