Top critical review
Software is buggy and will cause headaches, not productive with so many issues adding up
Reviewed in Canada on April 9, 2021
As a concept, the MX Keys and associated mouse is great. Execution-wise, they fail on the software. I work in software development, and still couldn't find fixes to these issues. I'll list a non-exhaustive list of issues I've ran into, most unsolved. I have two macs, Mac A and B, one of them the new M1 macs.
1. Logitech flow doesn't work from mac A to B, but does from B to A, even after restart. But VERY OCCASIONALLY it does work, and I can't find out why.
2. the "Backlighting" overlay stays on screen permanently after adjusting keyboard backlighting. Only restart fixes it
3. Changing FN hotkeys didn't register until full mac restart
4. (paired logitech software) Scroll wheel direction reverses randomly, fixable by sleeping the laptop and/or relogging (until it happens again)
5. (paired logitech software) Gestures don't always register, and instead are mapped to other system commands. Usually fixed by restart, putting laptop to sleep, etc. (until it happens again). It sucks to build habits around these gestures to find them not working when you're in the middle of being productive.
- there is stuttering when swapping the mouse between macs
- you can't re-order what device is considered device 1/2/3 for swapping
- you can't resize the logi options software window
- setting gestures in the logi options software is cumbersome (custom actions specifically)