Top critical review
Pin holes in the frame and bike attachment don't line up
Reviewed in Canada on March 10, 2021
First impression is that I like the fold-out frame system - it's like the Schwinn cargo trailer that I was also thinking about, but this one is about $100-200 less (because of Amaz0n'$ rip-off by-market-demand pricing system).
- It's got 4 D-ring clips on the floor for bunjees.
- Wheels have a superior pull-lever rather than pins, for easy on/off.
ASSEMBLY QUALITY is ONE star, with similar issues as another reviewer:
1. Had to drill out both pin holes for the side panel rods as they didn't line up proper.
2. Had to drill completely new holes for the pin-to-bike attachment since the original holes were off rotation by 90 degrees.
3. The safety strap that's wrapped around the bike is too short - mine barely fits.
Besides the assembly malarkey, the cart itself rides grand - you don't even know you're pulling it when empty, and is only barely noticeable with light to moderate cargo (about 25 lbs).
I also had it loaded down with heavy groceries (60 lbs or so) and of course I could feel the trailer then, but still no struggle on light hills on a 2 km ride. Just gear down. But I'm also a lifetime rider.
Going from panniers, this is a major level up in freedom and ease. I can carry more and don't have to worry about tetris-packing everything. Plus it's nice to have the load off the back of the bike. The price was right so despite likely having to make minor fixes, I'd buy this again.