Top critical review
2.0 out of 5 starsToo Bulky, cheap feeling, only marginally better than stock
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on February 16, 2023
I hate the stock strap from Meta, so I got this after looking at reviews of all the best headband solutions. Virtually all serious comparisons wind up boiling down to the Kiwi Elite style strap or the BoBoVR M2 halo style strap. I went for the Kiwi strap and regretted it, returned it about a month later.
- The Crank mechanism is a lot more convenient than the stupid strap tightening sliders on the original strap
-rear leather and top strap have extremely soft and plush foam
-Excellent articulation to try to nail down the right positioning.
- Not super light but VERY cheap looking and feeling plastic
- Can't lay or sit back properly with this on as the massive ratchet on the box digs into headrests / sofas
- Due to the shape of my head, I found that looking up too much would cause the headband to begin sliding up a bit
- For some reason, finding the sweet spot in the lenses is much more difficult for me with this strap - just due to how it holds the headset against my face I guess
- Kind of expensive for a battery-less strap (unlike the BoboVR M2 Plus)
-Due to the design, top strap cannot take significant load from the headset weight - tightening enough to hold the headsets weight will cause the headset to sit higher or the headband to sit higher. Top strap feels kind of useless and decorative.
It's not terrible, and some people swear by it, but for me, it's not an upgrade - it's a side grade, and an expensive one at that. I returned mine yesterday and just bought a BoboVR M2 Plus which I'll review soon.